Fwd: [Pubrules] HTML5 ok for Recommendations

FYI, may make it easier for some of you...
Paul

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 5:47 PM
Subject: [Pubrules] HTML5 ok for Recommendations
To: W3C Chairs <chairs@w3.org>
Cc: Denis Ah-Kang <denis@w3.org>

Chairs,

On year ago we announced [1] a pubrules [2] update to allow HTML5 in
technical reports -- other than Recommendations.
Since then HTML5 has advanced to CR and is largely stable. The Webmaster
reports we have not seen any publications issues.
Therefore HTML5 is now permitted in W3C Recommendations.

Ian

[1] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2012JanMar/0077.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/Guide/pubrules

Dr. Paul Groth (p.t.groth@vu.nl)
http://www.few.vu.nl/~pgroth/
Assistant Professor
- Knowledge Representation & Reasoning Group |
  Artificial Intelligence Section | Department of Computer Science
- The Network Institute
VU University Amsterdam