Re: ISSUE-595: Prov-xml subtyping needs to be marked in the document

For me, the issue can be closed.

regards
Paul

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 11:02 AM, Stian Soiland-Reyes <
soiland-reyes@cs.manchester.ac.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 3:32 PM, Stephan Zednik <zednis@rpi.edu> wrote:
> > I have updated the editors draft of the note with a section on type
> > conventions.
> >
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/xml/prov-xml.html#type-conventions
> > Is this issue ready to be closed?
>
> (I guess it's up to Paul to say if we should close the issue)
>
> For someone consuming PROV-XML I guess it would be a bit bothersome
> that there are three almost equivalent mechanism, but in my opinion at
> least this section gives a decent explanation to those mechanisms.
>

> Is the implication from the xsi:type support that I can make an
> extension schema with a ex:Workflow complex type extending prov:Plan,
> and then use only xsi:type="ex:Workflow" (or equivalent custom
> element) in the XML?
>
> Would PROV-XML consumers who don't understand my schema (but have
> access to it through xsi declarations in the document) be expected to
> also understand those as prov:Plans?
>

> --
> Stian Soiland-Reyes, myGrid team
> School of Computer Science
> The University of Manchester

Dr. Paul Groth (p.t.groth@vu.nl)
http://www.few.vu.nl/~pgroth/
Assistant Professor
- Knowledge Representation & Reasoning Group |
  Artificial Intelligence Section | Department of Computer Science
- The Network Institute
VU University Amsterdam