RE: PROV-ISSUE-591: delegation PROV-O example missing activity reference [Primer]

Hi Stephan,

I agree that the activity-specific delegation is important. I want, though, to balance this against increasing the complexity of the examples.

I propose that, instead of an additional example and accompanying explanation, we merely state that it is possible to express activity-specific delegation and refer to the specifications for details.

I have added the following to Section 3.4 of the working draft:

"It would also be possible to express the more specific statement that Derek worked on the organization's behalf for a particular activity, rather than in general, and so may have acted on behalf of other organizations for other activities. See the PROV specifications for details on how to express activity-specific delegation."

http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/primer/Primer.html

Do you think this adequately addresses the issue?

thanks,
Simon

Dr Simon Miles
Senior Lecturer, Department of Informatics
Kings College London, WC2R 2LS, UK
+44 (0)20 7848 1166

Mapping Dublin Core (Attribution Metadata) to the Open Provenance Model:
http://eprints.dcs.kcl.ac.uk/1386/