Re: Primer staged ready for review

Hi Simona and Yolanda,

Here are my comments on the Primer.

Overall, this is a really great document and I'm happy for it to be the
final primer. I especially like the example and how it fits together in the
very end. Some detailed comments are below.

Thanks
Paul

===Comments===

Abstract

- We need to be more specific about what the Primer is for. I would say
"PROV Data Model for provenance interchange on the web" and not "PROV
specification".

- "PROV is a core data model" change to "PROV defines a core data model"

Introduction
- Again watch out for PROV specification
- Third sentence, I would remove "proposed"
- In the "agent-centered provenance" bullet point can you replace
"entities" with something else like people/organzations ?
- Do you want references to FOAF and Dublin core in the paragraph under the
bullet points

Section 2.9
- remove ", as below"

Section 3.1
- do you want to put a pointer in the last paragraph to the graphical
conventions on the wiki?

Section 3.11
- Why don't you use the correct extension for the turtle (.ttl) and prov-n
(.provn) files that you link to?

I wonder if section 3.11 should be a Section 4. I find the capabilities of
PROV to be really interesting and useful to know. A suggestion?

Section 4: Summary
Section 4.1 The Complete Example
Section 4.2 Capabilities of PROV

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 6:36 PM, Miles, Simon <simon.miles@kcl.ac.uk> wrote:

>  Hello,
>
>  The primer is now staged and ready for review:
>

> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/primer/NOTE-prov-primer-20130430/Overview.html
>
>  Please provide reviews by 4 April.
>
>  thanks,
> Simon and Yolanda
>
>       Dr Simon Miles
> Senior Lecturer, Department of Informatics
> Kings College London, WC2R 2LS, UK
> +44 (0)20 7848 1166
>
>      Evolutionary Testing of Autonomous Software Agents:
> http://eprints.dcs.kcl.ac.uk/1370/

Dr. Paul Groth (p.t.groth@vu.nl)
http://www.few.vu.nl/~pgroth/
Assistant Professor
- Web & Media Group | Department of Computer Science
- The Network Institute
VU University Amsterdam