Re: PROV-ISSUE-560: type overlap question [prov-dm-constraints]

Hi,

Just a response on this one, I think constraints should be there for
provenance purposes. Does the constraint help me make "better"
provenance? Obviously, we will always allow this overlap in the DM, so
does adding a constraint here help something.

My tendency is to not add more constraints if they are not
fundamental. This does not seem to be a fundamental thing.

cheers

Paul

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 8:51 AM, Provenance Working Group Issue
Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org> wrote:
> PROV-ISSUE-560: type overlap question [prov-dm-constraints]

> Raised by: Luc Moreau
> On product: prov-dm-constraints
>

> It's clear that an activity cannot be an entity.
>
> It's also clear that an agent may be an entity (or an activity).
>
> Given this, can a prov:Person be a prov:Collection?  Currently, this is permitted.
>
> We have not explicitly considered type overlap impossibility for subtypes of Entity and Agent.

Dr. Paul Groth (p.t.groth@vu.nl)
http://www.few.vu.nl/~pgroth/
Assistant Professor
- Knowledge Representation & Reasoning Group |
  Artificial Intelligence Section | Department of Computer Science
- The Network Institute
VU University Amsterdam