PROV-ISSUE-557: why collectionMemberOf instead of hadMember? [XML Serialization]

From: Provenance Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 14:19:08 +0000
To: public-prov-wg@w3.org
PROV-ISSUE-557: why collectionMemberOf instead of hadMember? [XML Serialization]

http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/557

Raised by: Curt Tilmes
On product: XML Serialization

I realize collectionMemberOf has extra capabilities over a straight hadMember translation (you can specify the 'complete' flag, and specify multiple members in one go), but could we not keep the "hadMember" name for that element even so?

All the other XML schema fields have kept the same name for the PROV-N and PROV-XML concepts, it just seems a shame to replace hadMember with collectionMemberOf.