Re: On creating/editing W3C Notes

Just for the records (Stephan had an offline discussion yesterday).

Editorially, stylistically, a WG Note is very much like a Recommendation. It follows the same pubrules, it looks almost the same apart from the obvious naming of the document itself (eg, the logo like stuff on the upper left hand corner), the status section is of course a bit different and there is no such thing as a normative and non-normative section. Apart from that, the style is identical.

I have also pointed yesterday at the Respec tool:

http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/ReSpec.js/documentation.html

that many of our working groups use these days and which takes care of most of the issues (I have some experience using it myself). If no decision has been made by the subgroup on what tools to use for that particular document, it may be a good start.

Ivan

On Sep 13, 2012, at 18:23 , Stephan Zednik wrote:

> Ivan,
>
> What are the style, structure, and content requirements and conventions for W3C Note documents?  Are there any creation /editing tools for  W3C docs?
>
> --Stephan

----
Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
mobile: +31-641044153