Re: PROV-ISSUE-549: XML Schema Bundle vs. NamedBundle [XML Serialization]

From: Hua, Hook (388C) <hook.hua@jpl.nasa.gov>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 08:11:41 +0000
To: Luc Moreau <l.moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk>, "public-prov-wg@w3.org" <public-prov-wg@w3.org>
Hi Luc,

I'm curious what was the rationale for not wanting arbitrary levels of
nesting of bundles?

In scientific workflows, nested workflows provide a useful mechanism to
hide the level of detail at arbitrary levels. Wouldn't that be
conceptually similar to arbitrary levels of nested bundles?

Following example 39 in
http://www.w3.org/TR/prov-dm/#anexample-provenance-of-provenance
I can see that not having arbitrary levels of bundle nesting would keep
the provenance of provenance simpler, say, to capturing first order
observations.

--Hook