Re: PROV-ISSUE-471 (wrong-wasAttributedTo-constraints): wasAttributedTo constraints not sensical [prov-dm-constraints]

Hi all,

It would be good to hear people's view on wasAttributedTo.  Should the agent
necessarily exist before the  entity was generated?

Should we also disallow examples such as:
   wasAttributedTo(painting,Bob,[prov:type="ownership"])

prov-dm is not precise about this, and we need to formalize some of
these constraints in in prov-constraints.

I don't see how we cat prevent types of attribution such as this example,
without entering in a theory of causality (as Stian suggests).
   wasAttributedTo(painting,Bob,[prov:type="ownership"])

therefore, I think this example is legal prov-dm.