Re: Provenance Example for TriG Spec

From: Paul Groth <p.t.groth@vu.nl>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 12:54:12 +0100
To: David Wood <david@3roundstones.com>
Cc: "public-rdf-wg@w3.org WG" <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>, Provenance Working Group WG <public-prov-wg@w3.org>
Hi David,

We can go ahead and give you some examples that we had. However, we have
already did the work of removing TriG style syntax from our PROV-O
specifications in order to remove this dependency. Is it the request of the
RDF WG to reinclude these examples?

Thanks
Paul

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 12:19 PM, David Wood <david@3roundstones.com> wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> The RDF WG is working to develop a Rec-track syntax for RDF datasets based
> on TriG.  Our current editors draft [1] is expected to be reviewed by the
> RDF WG for promotion to FPWG in late November.
>
> We request the PROV WG provide the RDF WG with one or more provenance
> examples for potential use in the TriG specification.  Are you able to
> provide such example(s) in the near future, such as following your ftf
> meeting next week?  We ask that you provide any examples in both TriG-like
> syntax and a textual description to allow us to confirm syntactic
> correctness in the new format.  We will provide you links to the examples
> we use.
>
> Apologies for the late notice: We are attempting to allow your CRs to use
> examples in a forthcoming Rec-track syntax and will work with you to align
> our documents wherever possible.
>
> This message completes RDF WG ACTION-200 [2].
>
> Regards,
> Dave
> --
> David Wood, Ph.D.
> 3 Round Stones
> http://3roundstones.com
> Cell: +1 540 538 9137
>
> [1] http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/rdf/raw-file/default/trig/index.html#
> [2] ACTION-200: Contact Paul Groth re provenance example for TriG (before
> the prov wg ftf), http://www.w3.org/2011/rdf-wg/track/actions/200

Dr. Paul Groth (p.t.groth@vu.nl)
http://www.few.vu.nl/~pgroth/
Assistant Professor
- Knowledge Representation & Reasoning Group |
  Artificial Intelligence Section | Department of Computer Science
- The Network Institute
VU University Amsterdam