W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-prov-wg@w3.org > October 2012

Re: PROV-ISSUE-565 (rdfa-check): Do the suggested way of pointing to provenance work in rdfa [Accessing and Querying Provenance]

From: Paul Groth <p.t.groth@vu.nl>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 12:47:13 +0200
Message-ID: <CAJCyKRpxwWfffh6wW=NhngKfdoqLcXqCDCdgFgQOiAjCJPKTUQ@mail.gmail.com>
To: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Cc: Provenance Working Group <public-prov-wg@w3.org>
Hi Ivan,

This is nice but it doesn't test the predicates introduced by prov-aq,
which is what I was looking for.

cheers
Paul

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 10:39 PM, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:
> Let us see if this is what you were looking for. I attach two HTML files, ghosh.html and ghoshQualified.html. Both of them use HTML with RDFa 1.1. The text itself is of course silly, but this is the Turtle it represents:
>
> [[[
> @prefix dcterms: <http://purl.org/dc/terms/> .
> @prefix foaf: <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/> .
> @prefix prov: <http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#> .
> @prefix xsd: <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#> .
>
> <http://.../isbn/000651409X> a prov:Entity;
>     dcterms:title "The Glass Palace";
>     prov:wasAttributedTo <ghosh.html#AmitavGhosh>;
>     prov:wasGeneratedBy [ a prov:Activity;
>             prov:endedAtTime "1999-09"^^xsd:gYearMonth;
>             prov:startedAtTime "1999-01"^^xsd:gYearMonth;
>             prov:wasAssociatedWith <ghosh.html#AmitavGhosh> ] .
>
> <ghosh.html#AmitavGhosh> a prov:Agent;
>     foaf:name "Amitav Ghosh" .
> ]]]
>
> and
>
> [[[
> @prefix dcterms: <http://purl.org/dc/terms/> .
> @prefix foaf: <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/> .
> @prefix prov: <http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#> .
> @prefix xsd: <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#> .
>
> <http://.../isbn/000651409X> a prov:Entity;
>     dcterms:title "The Glass Palace";
>     prov:qualifiedAttribution [ a prov:Attribution;
>             prov:agent <ghoshQualified.html#AmitavGhosh>;
>             prov:hadRole <http://purl.org/spar/pro/author> ];
>     prov:wasGeneratedBy [ a prov:Activity;
>             prov:endedAtTime "1999-09"^^xsd:gYearMonth;
>             prov:startedAtTime "1999-01"^^xsd:gYearMonth;
>             prov:wasAssociatedWith <ghoshQualified.html#AmitavGhosh> ] .
>
> <ghoshQualified.html#AmitavGhosh> a prov:Agent;
>     foaf:name "Amitav Ghosh" .
>
> ]]]
>
> Is this what you were looking for?
>
> Cheers
>
> Ivan
>
>
>
> On Oct 1, 2012, at 11:09 , Paul Groth wrote:
>
>> Hi Ivan,
>>
>> I don't have any current examples in rdfa using these properties. I'm
>> pretty sure they are fine but I want proof. In particular, I'm
>> interested in how complicated the mark-up is.
>>
>> If you want to code up an example in RDFa that would be great :-)
>>
>> Otherwise, this is a reminder for somebody (i.e. me or graham) to do it.
>>
>> does that make sense?
>>
>> cheers
>> Paul
>>
>>
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 4:04 PM, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:
>>> (Putting my RDFa hat on:) I do not understand the issue here. Could somebody provide some details?
>>>
>>> Ivan
>>>
>>> On Sep 27, 2012, at 11:03 , Provenance Working Group Issue Tracker wrote:
>>>
>>>> PROV-ISSUE-565 (rdfa-check): Do the suggested way of pointing to provenance work in rdfa [Accessing and Querying Provenance]
>>>>
>>>> http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/565
>>>>
>>>> Raised by: Paul Groth
>>>> On product: Accessing and Querying Provenance
>>>>
>>>> PAQ suggests using prov:hasAnchor, prov:hasProvenance etc. It is unclear that these work with RDFa this should be checked
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> ----
>>> Ivan Herman, W3C Semantic Web Activity Lead
>>> Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
>>> mobile: +31-641044153
>>> FOAF: http://www.ivan-herman.net/foaf.rdf
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> --
>> Dr. Paul Groth (p.t.groth@vu.nl)
>> http://www.few.vu.nl/~pgroth/
>> Assistant Professor
>> - Knowledge Representation & Reasoning Group |
>>  Artificial Intelligence Section | Department of Computer Science
>> - The Network Institute
>> VU University Amsterdam
>
>
> ----
> Ivan Herman, W3C Semantic Web Activity Lead
> Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
> mobile: +31-641044153
> FOAF: http://www.ivan-herman.net/foaf.rdf
>
>
>
>



-- 
--
Dr. Paul Groth (p.t.groth@vu.nl)
http://www.few.vu.nl/~pgroth/
Assistant Professor
- Knowledge Representation & Reasoning Group |
  Artificial Intelligence Section | Department of Computer Science
- The Network Institute
VU University Amsterdam
Received on Friday, 5 October 2012 10:47:41 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:58:19 UTC