PROV-AQ: ISSUE-425: format of service description

From: Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 12:13:18 +0000
To: W3C provenance WG <public-prov-wg@w3.org>
Re: http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/425

I sent a message to LDP:

not yet, but it certainly is a problem we will have to address and
solve eventually. whether that means adopting a standard/convention
that is provided to us, or using our own ad-hoc solution, is not
something that is clear yet, as there isn't one obvious and stable
standard out there that we can simply adopt.
-- http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ldp/2012Nov/0037.html

Translation: you don't know if it would be modeled using RDF and
expressed using markup syntaxes associated with the aforementioned
model. A valid question. One that needs to be answered sooner rather
than later.
-- http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ldp/2012Nov/0038.html

I propose that the current text is probably as good as we can achieve for the
moment.  I've added  note to the PROV-AQ document:
We expect the presentation of service descriptions to be considered by the W3C
Linked data Platform group (www.w3.org/2012/ldp/); at the time of writing, there
is no consensus (cf. message at
lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ldp/2012Nov/0036.html and responses). As and
when such consensus emerges, we recommend that provenance service implementers
consider adopting it, or at least consider making their implementations
compatible with it.

I'm changing the issue status to PENDING REVIEW.