Re: prov-xml review for release as a FPWD

Hi prov-xml team,

To me the document is ready to be published as a first public working draft.

I would like the following issues, as minimum flagged in the document or
addressed by the time we release the FPWD (Some may already be in the
tracker).

1. It is unclear to me what the type of prov:id should be.
   The schema indicates QName.
   prov-dm/prov-n allow for entity(ex:001)
   where ex:001 is not a QName.
   Instead prov-n defines the type prov:QualifiedName.
   Should we encode it in the schema?

2.  Do we keep an xsd:choice for PROV attributes,  or do we go for
xsd:sequence.

     For those mapping the xml schema to other technologies SQL/Java, I
     think the latter is easier, and potentially leads to easier
     queries.

     What is the benefit of choice?

3. In Prov-dm, prov:values are typed. The PROV-XML document does not
show how they
    should be encoded.  We should use xsi:type

   e.g. <prov:value xsi:type="xsd:int">4</prov:value>

4. PROV-DM uses Qualified Names but is very clear that these QUalified
Names can be mapped to URIs by concatenating namespace and local name.
That's common practice in RDF land, it is not in XML-land. So we need
to make this convention explicit in the document.

   To check: the document has lots of idnetifier without prefix (nor
   default namespace), and therefore, they don't give a valid url.

Minor comments:

1. Introduction: needs trimming

2. Table 1 (mapping of types and relations to XML)
    I would add an extra column, showing the element name,
    in particular for names such as prov:wasGeneratedBy

3. Same table, and across doucment <prov:type>prov:Revision</prov:type>
    is understood by a parser as

<prov:type xsi:type"xsd:string">prov:Revision</prov:type>
    when really we want
<prov:type xsi:type"xsd:QName">prov:Revision</prov:type>
    or
<prov:type xsi:type"prov:QualifiedName">prov:Revision</prov:type>

4. intro of section 2.1 nees updating to the correct relations.

5. Can we remove across the document the declaration of xs prefix, and
have it predefined in a table in section 1?

6. Can we check that namespaces+local name give a uri.
    For instance, the examples with bbc prefix should lead to a valid
uri pointing to page on bbc web site.
    There is a missing / at the end of some namespaces for bbc.

7. What is normative? in particular, when we have repeat of definitions.