PROV-ISSUE-592: [external] wasInfluencedBy is confused with wasInformedBy [Ontology]

From: Provenance Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2012 19:52:16 +0000
To: public-prov-wg@w3.org
PROV-ISSUE-592: [external] wasInfluencedBy is confused with wasInformedBy [Ontology]

http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/592

Raised by: Timothy Lebo
On product: Ontology

http://www.w3.org/mid/E34296E1-0F25-4B8E-AD38-F31FF664ACC1@topquadrant.com

[[
PROVO-O properties prov:wasInfluencedBy and prov:wasInformedBy are easily confused. We notice this when we are describing what has 'informed' what in descriptions and other assertions in QUDT.

The diagram below, from TopBraid, shows the schema associated with these properties.  prov:wasInformedBy has a restricted domain and range over its super-property prov:wasInfluencedBy. Perhaps the rationale for this is somewhere in the working group postings?
]]