Re: delegation definition

Hi Simon,

I like your point about 'represents'. Your suggestion of using 'acts on
behalf' is nice because it
introduces the name of the relation we use in serializations.

The reason for 'by itself or by another agent' comes from a comment from
Tim on IRC last week,
saying that we wanted to be able to support  volunteering of an agent to
act as a representative
for another agent.

Here is a revised definition.

/Delegation is the assignment of authority and responsibility to an
agent (by itself or by another agent) to carry out a specific activity
as a delegate or representative, while the agent it acts on behalf
retains some responsibility for the outcome of the delegated work.
/
Luc