Re: provenance of provenance

Hi Luc,

In a sense, the approach is similar to Tim's approach
> http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/wiki/Using_graphs_to_model_Accounts,
> where he was using a hash as the graph identifier. If the descriptions
> change, so does the hash. I think using hash is too strong
> requirement, hence, we have regular identifiers.  (A secure version could
> use them).
>
> If an application does not wish to distinguish between two bundles (note:
> a bundle does not have state!), ... then
> it shouldn't produce bundles.  There is no requirement to generate bundles.
>
> I did not understand - is there a construct other than bundle for handling
multiple provenance assertions together? If bundle is the only construct
available then we need to avoid "over-specifying" it.

>  2. I am not sure why provenance location, a function for accessing
> provenance and very often application/domain dependent, should be part of
> DM? "A provenance locator is information that helps locate provenance
> descriptions. It may identify a service, or may consist of a URI where
> provenance descriptions can be found." What if location of provenance of
> an entity or activity is written down as set of instructions on file (or
> paper) - provenance of a car is located in a file in the filing cabinet of
> manufacturer? In this case, the application cannot use the currently
> defined hasProvenanceIn construct.
>

> There is no claim that we covering all possible ways of accessing
> provenance. That's why we have attributes to allow other ways
> to be expressed (you could encode there your instructions to find a paper
> for instance).

So, "target", "service", "provenance" (very uncomfortable with this label
btw) are just specific examples of the generic "attributes" - this is not
clear from the current signature.

Thanks.

Best,
Satya