Re: PROV-ISSUE-371 (junzhao): timestamped provo.owl [PROV-O HTML]

Sent from my iPad

The existing content negotiation is one of the reasons I suggested this.  It keeps uniformity by using content negotiation with both the latest (at http://www.w3.org/ns/prov ) and with the version tagged ontologies.

>> Our WD tagged ontology would have:
>>
>>     <owl:Ontology rdf:about="http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#">
>>         <rdfs:label xml:lang="en">PROV Ontology</rdfs:label>
>> <owl:versionIRI
>> rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-prov-o-20120503/"/>
>>     </owl:Ontology>
>
> However I think the owl:versionIRI should give you (some format of)
> OWL file no matter how your request it.

Is this from a spec? I know of several ontologies that are published and referenced via IRIs that provide both documentation in HTML and the ontology in RDF/XML via content negotiation from the same IRI; and we are already doing so with http://www.w3.org/ns/prov, so why should a versionIRI be treated differently from an Ontology IRI?

--Stephan