Re: [provo] Difference between wasInformedBy and wasStartedByActivity (ttl examples)

From: Stian Soiland-Reyes <soiland-reyes@cs.manchester.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 09:50:18 +0100
To: Luc Moreau <L.Moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Cc: public-prov-wg@w3.org
On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 10:24 PM, Luc Moreau <L.Moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi Stian, Paolo, all,
>
> I have encoded the proposal
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/31e2dc0de82d/model/working-copy/wd6-wasStartedBy.html
>
> If people are happy, we can then adjust wasEndedBy similarly.
> I propose to take a vote on this on Thursday.

Thanks, this is looking much better and more concise.

Should we add an example about the optional activity?

http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/examples/eg-24-prov-o-html-examples/rdf/create/rdf/property_wasStartedByActivity.ttl
simplified as PROV-N:

Example:

In this example, filling fuel was started as a consequence of
observing the low fuel. The trigger entity is unspecified, it could
for instance have been the low fuel warning light, the fuel tank
indicator needle position, or the engine not running properly.

activity(ex:filling-fuel)
activity(ex:observing-low-fuel)

agent(ex:driver, [prov:type="prov:Person" %% xsd:QName)
wasAssociatedWith(ex:filling-fuel, ex:driver)
wasAssociatedWith(ex:observing-low-fuel, ex:driver)

wasStartedBy(ex:filling-fuel, -, ex:observing-low-fuel)

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes, myGrid team
School of Computer Science