Re: PROV-ISSUE-371 (junzhao): timestamped provo.owl [PROV-O HTML]

Stephan,

On May 8, 2012, at 5:59 PM, Stephan Zednik wrote:

> I thought the OWL2 spec stated that the object of owl:versionInfo was supposed to be a literal.
>
> from http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-guide/
>
> "the object of owl:versionInfo is a literal and the tag can be used to annotate classes and properties in addition to ontologies."

Thanks for pointing that out.

> and that is why owl:versionIRI was created in OWL2 to specifically refer to IRI (and also to be functional) where the specific version of the ontology can be found.

I'll change it to versionIRI (now that I found it in http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/refcard )

Do you have a pointer to the documentation for versionIRI and how it should be used?
I'm having trouble navigating the specs :-)

> If this IRI references that specific version of the OWL file, I would suggest using owl:versionIRI since that seems to exactly match our intention.

Sounds good.

-Tim