Re: Mini-mini comment on prov-dm

Ivan

good reference for the example, thank you.

Regarding modelling the publication process: I don't see PROV as suitable for modelling process and process rules in particular,
rather for recording observed process events. Unless I misunderstand your question?

-Paolo

On 5/7/12 2:58 PM, Ivan Herman wrote:
> I see that the Prov-DM uses the W3C publication process as an example. Some of the terms referred to in the document actually exist, better use those:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2001/02pd/rec54.rdf
>
> I know it is a bit sketchy, and should be updated, but it is a start. There is at least a class for WD, PR, etc.
>
> Challenge: model the whole W3C publication process with Prov-O... looking at this what I tried to describe (and I did not really succeed) is to interpret things like: a some publications occur only when the W3C management agrees, on a transition call, that the document is fine for publication (which is the case for, eg, Candidate Recommendations...)
>
> Ivan
>
> ----
> Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
> mobile: +31-641044153

Paolo Missier - Paolo.Missier@newcastle.ac.uk, pmissier@acm.org
School of Computing Science, Newcastle University,  UK
http://www.cs.ncl.ac.uk/people/Paolo.Missier