PROV-ISSUE-372 (qualified-property-chains): ( prov:qualifedUsage prov:entity ) rdfs:subPropertyOf prov:used

From: Provenance Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 12:28:05 +0000
To: public-prov-wg@w3.org
PROV-ISSUE-372 (qualified-property-chains): ( prov:qualifedUsage prov:entity ) rdfs:subPropertyOf prov:used

Raised by: Timothy Lebo
On product:

(I have not found yet the semantics document, I am not sure whether what I write makes sense...)

Looking at the Prov-o and the qualified terms. Taking the first time in the list, ie, qualifiedUsage. Isn't it correct that, at least conceptually, if I have

ex:E a prov:Entity;
 prov:qualifiedUsage [
   a prov:Usage ;
   prov:entity ex:E
 ] .

then, again conceptually, I would expect something like

ex:E prov:used ex:E .

to be 'present'. It strikes me that this is exactly what the OWL 2 property chains do (and those are still OWL RL), by saying:

(prov:qualifiedUsage prov:entity) rdfs:subPropertyOf prov:used .

Isn't it worth adding it to the OWL ontology? Or do I miss something here?