Complexity/simplicty redux

From: Graham Klyne <graham.klyne@zoo.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2012 09:06:29 +0100
To: W3C provenance WG <public-prov-wg@w3.org>
I just did a quick scan of the Annotation community docs just announced

   http://www.w3.org/community/openannotation/

and it seems to me that they've done a fairly good job of separating the core
structural ontology components from the "epistemic" extensions (those conveying
particular knowledge about the types of annotations, etc.).

I think the provenance ontology could divide up quite easily along the same lines.

And the style of the "Core" specification
(http://www.openannotation.org/spec/core/) makes it really easy to pick up the
essential components of the annotation structure.  Maybe we could learn from
that too.

Just saying...

#g