Re: PROV-ISSUE-320 (dgarijo): Change the name of prov:Quotation

Stephen,

Thanks for pointing this out.

On Mar 14, 2012, at 8:27 PM, Provenance Working Group Issue Tracker wrote:

> PROV-ISSUE-320 (dgarijo): Change the name of prov:Quotation

> Raised by: Stephen Cresswell
> On product:
>
> I wrongly thought prov:Quotation was a kind of
> Entity rather than a kind of EntityInvolvement, and I correspondingly
> misread hadQuoterAgent, hadQuotedAgent property as relating an Entity to
> an Agent and thought that it ought to be a specialization of
> wasAttributedTo.  The way it's actually modeled does match PROV-DM,

2)
Does this continue to be the case? If so, could you elaborate the mismatch that you see?

> so
> there's nothing wrong here, but it might be worth considering renaming
> prov:Quotation to help avoid the tempting misreading.

prov:Quote was the entity in previous versions of prov-o.
prov:Quotation is named similarly to Generation and a few others.

1)
Do you have a suggestion for it's name?
If so, I suggest raising an issue on DM as well:
http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/model/prov-dm.html#term-quotation

Regards,
Tim