Re: PROV-ISSUE-321 (dgarijo): Instances of involvements can be expressed without a subclass. [Ontology]

From: Timothy Lebo <lebot@rpi.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 20:48:48 -0400
To: Provenance Working Group <public-prov-wg@w3.org>
Luc,

It is true that:

:blah a prov:Involvement .

is a valid statement in prov-o.

Since this issue was raised, all Involvements were "flattened" into ActivityInvolvement, EntityInvolvement, and AgentInvolvement -- each of which is a subclass of Involvement.
This structure is the foundation of qualifications, and I am concerned that remove it will reduce understandability and thus adoption.

I believe this concern was also aligned with the "lose" prov:qualified property that could point at any Involvement.
With prov:qualified replaced by its sub properties with specific ranges to prov:Usage, etc., is this issue less of a concern?

Thanks,
Tim