Re: PROV-ISSUE-89 (what-entity-attributes): How do we find the attributes of an entity? [Formal Model]

On Mar 5, 2012, at 4:42 PM, Luc Moreau wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> Indeed, we no longer make the distinction between characterizing and non-characterizing attributes.
>
> In "proper" provenance, attributes are still very important, since they help describe a "partial state".
> Hence, some constraints exist around attributes:
> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/model/prov-dm-constraints.html#account-and-accountEntity
> (For instance, see 3rd bullet point).

Yes, the 3rd bullet and "It is not permitted to add new attributes to a given entity" in the note.

> But I think we came to the conclusion that any rdf property for an entity is regarded as an attribute.

> Isn't it the answer to this issue?

I hope that it is. I am comfortable with the phrasing in the DM.
Any rdf property outside of the prov namespace that describes and Entity is "fixed".
(as you noted, we can "use" it again, so that would make a new attribute within the prov namespace but that did not affect the partial state.)

Does this mean we can close the issue? Do we need the DM to say something further in light of this ISSUE?

Thanks,
-Tim