Re: PROV-ISSUE-95 (Recipes as Classes): Recipes as classes? [Conceptual Model]

From: Jim McCusker <mccusj@rpi.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 18:09:44 +0000
To: Luc Moreau <L.Moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Cc: public-prov-wg@w3.org
On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 5:39 PM, Luc Moreau <L.Moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> **
> Hi Jim,
>
> I think this is domain specific.  The DM does not say anything about it.

Maybe it should. I think this applies to many domains, actually. Examples
of unrelated domains that this applies to:

A computational workflow successfully executed using a particular workflow
definition. vs A computational workflow failed because a service was
unavailable.

A surgery was successful, but the patient died. vs A surgery was not
successfully completed because the surgeon did not follow the planned
protocol, and the patient died.

The policeman did not follow orders and established procedure when
arresting the suspect.

The lab technician deviated from the established lab protocol, and the
results cannot be used.

Jim
--
Jim McCusker