PROV-ISSUE-277 (TLebo): Supporting property chains [Ontology]

From: Provenance Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2012 16:28:23 +0000
To: public-prov-wg@w3.org
PROV-ISSUE-277 (TLebo): Supporting property chains [Ontology]

http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/277

Raised by: Stephen Cresswell
On product: Ontology

During our group telecon, someone (Stephen Cresswell?) mentioned a concern that the directionality of some properties in prov-o would inhibit the use of property chains.

Although "directionality" can be handled with owl:inverses, we are not including many inverses in prov-o for brevity (however, we are maintaining a component at [1]). Although "anyone" can define their own inverse of a prov-o property to achieve their property chains, this will inhibit interoperability.

[1] http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/file/tip/ontology/components/inverses.ttl