Re: Contextualization ---> Optional bundle in Specialization

On 28/06/2012 09:12, Luc Moreau wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> As far as your suggestion is concerned, this is mostly how Tim mapped
> Contextualization to prov-o.
> Some trade-offs are necessary. We can discuss them.
>
> However, I don't think it solves Graham's problem!

Actually, I think the proposal is not so far from an earlier proposal I made,
which is to keep specializationOf and inBundle relations separate.  You objected
to this because it led to conclusions like an entity being both slower *and*
having good performance.  If I understand it correctly, James's proposal here
would lead to similar conclusions (which I think he acknowledges by saying "I
don't see how this addresses the original motivation for ctxOf").

My problem is that I don't think you can avoid that conclusion without a proper
semantics of context, which RDF does not currently have.