Re: ISSUE 384 comment. (Was: prov-wg meeting minutes 2012-05-31)

On 04/06/2012 18:31, Timothy Lebo wrote:

> On Jun 3, 2012, at 2:09 AM, Graham Klyne wrote:
>

>> On 01/06/2012 10:03, Luc Moreau wrote:
>>>

>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> Given that ISSUE-384 and ISSUE-385 are blockers, can I strongly invite
>>> you to participate in the debate, so that we converge soon.
>>>
>>> ISSUE-384: role
>>> http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/384
>>>
>>> Tim's suggestion:
>>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-prov-wg/2012May/0455.html
>>>
>>> Graham's suggestion:
>>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-prov-wg/2012May/0453.html
>>
>> There's a third option here:  drop prov:role and just use prov:type, which is what Simon's responses point towards.
>
> I'm wondering if this can be combined with the ContextualizedEntity that sprouted in Luc's latest ternary alternateOf proposal…

I don't know, but my intuition is not.  I think contextualization per
alternateOf, etc., operates in a different place than sub-typing/sub-relations.
  (Something like sets of entities vs sets of things that make up an entity -
but that's a sloppy statement so don't read too much into it.)