Re: call for feedback! Re: [owl changed] ISSUE-83: Express inverse relationships in Provenance Model as well as ontology

Graham,

Thanks for looking it over.

On Jun 2, 2012, at 4:09 AM, Graham Klyne wrote:

> I have mixed feelings,

Could you scratch at them? I'm just curious.

> but if you're going to do this, I think the placement (appendix) and tone are about right.

Thanks!

> Is it worth noting that the preferred direction for provenance properties had been from the entity described towards it's historical antecedents?

I think it's worth noting that there is a method to the madness of choosing which direction, but we've never really found a Good Way to describe it.
"Pointing back in the past" seems to be the quickest and easiest way to describe it among the group, but I'm worried about cluttering the message. In the end, it's a Recommendation for that reason - the working group "decided" and the public (eventually?) agreed, perhaps after some contest and fixing up.

We're open to suggestions on how to phrase this usefully and without distractions.

Regards,
Tim