Re: text/provenance-notation media type request

Stian,

> On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 8:15 AM, Luc Moreau<l.moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk>  wrote:
>> There is however an optional parameter: empty for SPARQL and as follows for
>> turtle.
>>
>> Optional parameters: charset — this parameter is required when transferring
>> non-ASCII data. If present, the value of charset is always UTF-8.
>
> I think as GK pointed out that you would need to state charset when
> you transfer non-ASCII. Pure ASCII is covered by both UTF-8 and the
> default ISO8601-1 (Latin 1) as expected by text/*.

Wrong ISO number - that's the date-time format.  I think you meant ISO/IEC
8859-1 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO/IEC_8859-1).

Also, I'd forgotten the wrinkle that HTTP changes the text/* default from ASCII
to Latin-1 (strictly in contravention of MIME content-type rules).

Also, IIRC, not all Latin-1 code-points are valid UTF-8 encodings of themselves.

But otherwise, I agree.