Re: PROV-ISSUE-225 (objects-in-universe-of-discourse): What are the objects in the universe of discourse? [prov-dm]

From: Paul Groth <p.t.groth@vu.nl>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 11:55:49 +0100
To: James Cheney <jcheney@inf.ed.ac.uk>
CC: "public-prov-wg@w3.org" <public-prov-wg@w3.org>
Hi James,

In your semantics document you ask the question:

- Should we have two levels (things/entities vs. records) or three
levels (things vs. entities vs. records)?

I just wanted to get clarity on your stance. I think it is that we have
three levels but that for the purposes of the describing provenance we
only discuss entities and records? Essentially, we are interested in
describing the surrogates (i.e. entities) for "real world" objects.

Is that correct?

thanks,
Paul