Re: PROV-ISSUE-96 (entities and roles): Relating Roled Entities with non-Roled Entities [Conceptual Model]

With the current state of things, roles can be expressed using
specializationOf with an extra type on the specialization or as a
qualification on an event. I prefer the former, but many prefer the latter.
If the group is happy with having both methods of specifying roles, we're
done. I'm a little uncomfortable with it, but it seems that we are talking
about two very different levels of formality on each. If we moved hadRole
to Entity from the qualification, then it becomes easy to translate between
the two patterns using OWL. It might be possible on the qualification too,
but it might require inverse properties to do correctly, and I don't know
if it would be convertable both ways.

Jim

--
Jim McCusker