Re: complementOf -> viewOf: proposed text

Hi Luc

I am hoping to simplify the relations, I am not sure this goes in the same direction. I think we are very close to something that we
can agree on

I think we'll just go with the following, in line with the latest reply from Graham:
> if you prefer to go with alternativeOf and speclializationOf as
> primitives, with the appropriate intuitions asserted as constraints, I think
> that's fine too.
whether a specialization is a sub-property of alternate may be something we don't have to decide, either. it seems that we are
complicating our lives one way or the other (I am hoping Jim can clarify his argument, I didn't quite get the gist of it)

... all of which makes the current text roughly what I would go for  :-)

I think of alternateOf as non-functional and transitive, which gives us "clusters of alternates". We may later decide that it is
convenient to add properties that make a set of alternates into a lattice.

and specializationOf should be anti-symmetric and transitive

--Paolo

--
Paolo Missier - Paolo.Missier@newcastle.ac.uk, pmissier@acm.org