Re: PROV-ISSUE-206: three proposals to vote on (deadline Jan 15th midnight GMT)

From: Luc Moreau <L.Moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 13:57:16 +0000
To: Daniel Garijo <dgarijo@delicias.dia.fi.upm.es>
CC: public-prov-wg@w3.org
Hi Daniel,

To some extent, the problem already existed since an agent is an entity,
and therefore
can be used by an activity.

example: luc-in-boston decides to go to Southamtpon

wasGeneratedBy(luc-in-southampton,travel)
used(travel, luc-in-boston)
wasAssociatedWith(travel,luc-in-boston, [role="decision maker"])

It's true however that we don't distinguish well usage from association.
I see usage as the inputs of an activity (like generation is about the
outputs),
where I see activities as functions consuming inputs and producing outputs.

The relation wasAssociatedWith relates an activity with an entity in a
capacity other than input.
Hence, they are not subproperties of each other.

Luc