Re: Formal semantics draft

From: Stian Soiland-Reyes <soiland-reyes@cs.manchester.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 16:41:27 +0000
To: Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org>
Cc: public-prov-wg@w3.org, Luc Moreau <L.Moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
On Jan 3, 2012 2:33 PM, "Graham Klyne" <GK@ninebynine.org> wrote:
> My discussions with Paolo about viewOf/specializationOf/complementOf
suggest to me that there may be no clear formal distinction between things
and entities, and that the notion of things (aka "Real World Things"?) is
mainly a rhetorical device to explain the intent of the relationships.

+1

I don't think we can start splitting things from entities. An entity is
just a realisation that when we talk about "things in the world" we are
required to make an explicit or implicit characterisation, thus an entity.