Re: PROV-ISSUE-268 (two-level-ontology): Two Level Ontology? [Ontology]

Hi Stian

> I don't think I like this split much.. in provA you had to spell out
> each of the involvements.. for instance
>
> :usage a prova:Usage ;
>    prova:usingActivity :activity ;
>    prova:usedEntity :entity .

But isnt' it what is currently in the provRDF mapping (except for names
of properties)?
> (and those classes/properties are not in any way related to say
> prova:Generation, prov:generatingActivity and prova:generatedEntity)
>

> while in provb we have the current structure with a prov:Involvement
> hierarchy and prov:entity/prov:activity. Add the binary relationship,
> and now we have 3 ways to express generation. How is this helping
> interoperability?

What do you mean by 3 ways? It's exactly the same number of ways as in
the current
ontology.

> I believe that if we do such a split, then the miniature version will
> have to do only the binary relationships.
>
> I have a stronger feeling that we should try to formalize guidance
> rules which everyone not interested in OWL-RL can use - even RL users
> can look at it to understand the ontology, but use the RL ontology for
> their reasoning.

What reasoning are we aiming at here?  There is *very* little that we
have specified.
Can you explain?

Luc