Re: PROV-ISSUE-253: misc issues with the ontology [mapping prov-dm <-> prov-o]

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 03:55, Timothy Lebo <lebot@rpi.edu> wrote:

> Done. but Activities are durations, so prov:hadTemporalExtent could be
> applied there.
> I could use some help on that (Stephan, Satya, Stian?)

Activities, entities and involvements like Usage and Association have
in a broad sense all durations. However DM only talks about activity
durations, and the others have/are 'events', so we should keep the
focus there for now, and rather raise it as a requirement to DM if we
can think of a good use case.

>> For the domain, Association and Delegation are different from other
>> Involvements in that they are not expected to have time information, is this
>> because we do not view them as instantaneous events?
> I'd be curious to hear an answer to this.

I would assume they are non-empty durations in almost every use case.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes, myGrid team
School of Computer Science