Re: PROV-ISSUE-253: misc issues with the ontology [mapping prov-dm <-> prov-o]

On Feb 20, 2012, at 3:44 AM, Luc Moreau wrote:

> Hi Satya
>
> I haven't had a chance to go through Stian's revised ontology, and study it.
> So, I am only answering a few points below
>>

> See 4th bullet point in http://www.w3.org/TR/prov-dm/#record-Generation
> Likewise, for Usage, etc.

What other instantaneous things do we have besides Usage and Generation?
(the beginning and ending of Activity is the only other thing, right?)

>> 7.

>> The DM3 clearly states in Section 5.3.2.1, "An activity may be associated with multiple plans."
>>
>> So, we are consistent with DM3.
>
> 4th bullet point of  5.3.2.1 indicates a single plan, for a given association.
>
> The sentence you quote is indeed in the text, but is ambiguous. To be aligned with the 4th bullet point,
> it should be read: An activity may be associated with multiple plans, by means of multiple association records.

I made adoptedPlan functional.

http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/diff/91e8f1942bc9/ontology/ProvenanceOntology.owl

-Tim