Re: Comments on PROV-O

From: Jun Zhao <jun.zhao@zoo.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 15:01:55 +0000
To: public-prov-wg@w3.org
Hi Stephen,

On 23/02/2012 13:40, Cresswell, Stephen wrote:
> - Naturalness of RDF.
> I'm a bit scared to see a single record in the PROV-ASE being mapped to
>> >10 RDF triples, especially if the record was only stating a simple
> binary relationship. However, if we're allowed to skip the qualified
> involvements when we don't need them and just use the direct properties,
> then we could often be using just one triple.  We are allowed to do
> that, aren't we?  Also, there is hopefully nothing stopping people from
> using their own domain-specific subclasses and subproperties.

I strongly hope so!!

And it''ll be shame if this is not going to happen!

And I also strongly hope such a message will be clearly, explicitly
reflected in the upcoming prov-o.html spec!

And agree a lot with your other points about the naming, property chain
etc. But I wonder whether defining property chain could conflict the
OWL-RL profile the team is working at. I need to check.

-- Jun