[prov-o] Start vs. StartByActivity

From: Stian Soiland-Reyes <soiland-reyes@cs.manchester.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 12:04:52 +0000
To: public-prov-wg@w3.org
Referring to discussion about wasStartedBy() I've resolved this for
now by splitting this into two properties and classes:

prov:wasStartedBy - range prov:Agent  (mirrors prov:wasEndedBy)

prov:wasStartedByActivity - range prov:Activity

prov:StartByActivity - subclass of ActivityInvolvement
prov:Start - subclass of prov:Association (mirrors prov:Start)

See http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/wiki/ProvRDF#Started_by_activity and
http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/wiki/ProvRDF#Starting

Luc has indicated that wasStartedBy/wasEndedBy are at risk. If they
disappear, we can remove 'by activity' from the remaining
property/class.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes, myGrid team
School of Computer Science