Re: PROV-ISSUE-188: Section 5.2.3 (PROV-DM as on Nov 28) [prov-dm]

Oops.  One more important correction.  Its been a bad brain to keyboard day...

On Feb 20, 2012, at 3:05 PM, Stephan Zednik wrote:

> Forgot to include my full thought,  :-)
>
> On Feb 20, 2012, at 1:45 PM, Stephan Zednik wrote:
>
>> I have seen usage of the term 'System' to refer to hardware + software.
>>
>> That's a pretty broad term, and should have an appropriately broad definition.  It would cover far more than hardware + software and I would be hesitant to establish any disjointness.
>>
>> My thoughts on agent convienence classes has not changed, but if we are to include convienance specializations of Agent we should probably be discussing definitions.
>
> as they apply to our intended distinction.  "System" may be an applicable high-level concept that software+hardware can fit into, but it may satisfy the distinction you are trying to make.

 "System" may be an applicable high-level concept that software+hardware can fit into, but it may ~not~ satisfy the distinction you are trying to make.

--Stephan