Re: PROV-ISSUE-188: Section 5.2.3 (PROV-DM as on Nov 28) [prov-dm]

I have seen usage of the term 'System' to refer to hardware + software.

That's a pretty broad term, and should have an appropriately broad definition.  It would cover far more than hardware + software and I would be hesitant to establish any disjointness.

My thoughts on agent convienence classes has not changed, but if we are to include convienance specializations of Agent we should probably be discussing definitions.

A first crack at a definition for system would be "a combination of things (sub components) forming a whole."

Is the non-person agent class you want to describe limited to software + hardware?

--Stephan