Re: PROV-ISSUE-188: Section 5.2.3 (PROV-DM as on Nov 28) [prov-dm]

From: Luc Moreau <L.Moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 22:27:10 +0000
To: Satya Sahoo <satya.sahoo@case.edu>
CC: Paul Groth <p.t.groth@vu.nl>, Olaf Hartig <hartig@informatik.hu-berlin.de>, "public-prov-wg@w3.org" <public-prov-wg@w3.org>

Hi Satya,

Nonhuman agent would imply other non software agents too.  It does not capture the intent.

Software is particular relevant for the web. I don't see the problem with it.

What use case do you want to support Satya?

I had the feeling that we had reached agreement two months ago on this matter, and I don't see any new evidence to reopen the debate,

Ultimately we have to be pragmatic and move on.

Professor Luc Moreau
Electronics and Computer Science
University of Southampton
Southampton SO17 1BJ