Re: PROV Dictionary

Hi Tom and Sam,

Sorry for the delay.
I have some concerns about the proposed membership relation.

PROV requires members of a collection to be entities.
http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/CR-prov-dm-20121211/#concept-collection

Given this, your relation
hadMember(d, ("k1", e1))
seems to indicate that ("k1",e1) is also an entity.

It's not how I had initially envisaged this to work. I see e1 as an entity
belonging to the dictionary d, with "k1" it's key.
So, in my view, we have:
hadMember(d,e1)
but not
hadMember(d,("k1",e1))

If ("k1",e1) is an entity, what is its identifier?

Grammatically, hadMember(d,("k1",e1)) is not compatible with the
prov-n notation, since the second argument of hadMember has to
be a qualified name (the identity of the member).

To me, it's important that we address this issue, before going into a
review.

Luc