Re: PROV-ISSUE-477 (rename toplevel-bundle): rename toplevel-bundle to dataset [prov-n]

Oops. For some reasons this was answered on Issue-474. For the sake of completeness and issue management, let me repeat my answer:

That would lead to a possible confusion. The term 'dataset' is used in the SW world, namely in SPARQL. It *may* be the term adopted by RDF 1.1 for a collection of named graphs and, actually, it *may* be the right abstraction for Prov, too, but... we are not yet sure. And if we end up using the same term but with a different meaning then, well, hell is loose:-)

B.t.w., if I use the RDF datasets as an analogy: that consists of (G, (n1,G1),....,(ni,Gi)), where (ni,Gi) is, to use the current terminology, a named graph (that is the term used in SPARQL) and G is the 'default graph'. As an analogy, what about 'default bundle' ?

Ivan

On Aug 10, 2012, at 09:57 , Provenance Working Group Issue Tracker wrote:

> PROV-ISSUE-477 (rename toplevel-bundle): rename toplevel-bundle to dataset [prov-n]

> Raised by: Luc Moreau
> On product: prov-n
>

> Following discussion on ISSUE-474, let us rename toplevel-bundle to dataset.
>
> Hence, what was written
>
> bundle
>  prefix ex <http://ex.com>
>  entity(ex:a)