Re: PROV-ISSUE-128 (Location-Example): Location example uses a filesystem and not a geographical location [Ontology]

Sorry for the delayed reply.

ISSUE-128 can be closed.

Thanks
Paul

On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 8:26 PM, Timothy Lebo <lebot@rpi.edu> wrote:
> Paul,
>
> Could you recommend what needs to be done to settle this issue?
>
> prov:atLocation is used to reflect the concept in DM:
>
> A location can be an identifiable geographic place (ISO 19112), but it can also be a non-geographic place such as a directory, row, or column. As such, there are numerous ways in which location can be expressed, such as by a coordinate, address, landmark, and so forth. This document does not specify how to concretely express locations, but instead provide a mechanism to introduce locations, by means of a reserved attribute.
>
> Section 3.3 of the prov-o html uses prov:atLocation for file paths, Madrid, and a blog URL to illustrate this variety of Locations that can be modeled.
>
> Thanks,
> Tim
>

> On Oct 20, 2011, at 5:31 AM, Provenance Working Group Issue Tracker wrote:
>

>> PROV-ISSUE-128 (Location-Example): Location example uses a filesystem and not a geographical location [Ontology]

>> Raised by: Paul Groth
>> On product: Ontology
>>
>> I was looking at the definition of Location in the Ontology and the example talks about a file system path. This seems odd given that the general description of the concept is about a geospatial location. Can this be clarified?

Dr. Paul Groth (p.t.groth@vu.nl)
http://www.few.vu.nl/~pgroth/
Assistant Professor
Knowledge Representation & Reasoning Group
Artificial Intelligence Section
Department of Computer Science
VU University Amsterdam