Re: PROV-ISSUE-128 (Location-Example): Location example uses a filesystem and not a geographical location [Ontology]

From: Timothy Lebo <lebot@rpi.edu>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 14:26:18 -0400
To: Provenance Working Group WG <public-prov-wg@w3.org>
Paul,

Could you recommend what needs to be done to settle this issue?

prov:atLocation is used to reflect the concept in DM:

A location can be an identifiable geographic place (ISO 19112), but it can also be a non-geographic place such as a directory, row, or column. As such, there are numerous ways in which location can be expressed, such as by a coordinate, address, landmark, and so forth. This document does not specify how to concretely express locations, but instead provide a mechanism to introduce locations, by means of a reserved attribute.

Section 3.3 of the prov-o html uses prov:atLocation for file paths, Madrid, and a blog URL to illustrate this variety of Locations that can be modeled.

Thanks,
Tim