From: Paul Groth [p.t.groth@vu.nl]
Sent: 20 April 2012 21:13
To: Luc Moreau
Cc: Timothy Lebo; Groth, P.T.; Satya Sahoo; PaoloMissier; public-prov-wg@w3.org
Subject: Re: actions related to collections

This seems good as it reflects consensus from our vote and on the list.

Paul

On Apr 20, 2012, at 21:55, Luc Moreau <L.Moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk<mailto:L.Moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk>> wrote:

Hi Tim,

Both your suggestions are fine with me.

People, if you object to this view, please speak up!

Professor Luc Moreau
Electronics and Computer Science
University of Southampton
Southampton SO17 1BJ
United Kingdom

On 20 Apr 2012, at 20:42, "Timothy Lebo" <lebot@rpi.edu<mailto:lebot@rpi.edu>> wrote:

On Apr 20, 2012, at 3:37 PM, Luc Moreau wrote:

Hi ,
I would like to have further guidance on how to edit prov-dm next week.

Should section 2 introduce the concept collection, or dictionary, or both?

If it is not  too much effort, I would recommend introducing both. The collection as the "abstract" class of Dictionary, and is defined for "extension purposes".
Then, if the WG has appetite, we add prov:[Multi]Set. If not, then prov:Collection just stands as an extension point and only has prov:Dictionary defined.

Should the Collection component become the dictionary component?

I'd lean no. It would stay collections and we may only define one.

-Tim