Re: actions related to collections

From: Curt Tilmes <Curt.Tilmes@nasa.gov>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 10:48:18 -0400
To: <public-prov-wg@w3.org>
On 04/19/2012 10:35 AM, Curt Tilmes wrote:
> Take what we have here, make it a Collection Provenance Model or
> something like that, and propose it separately as a middle layer on
> top of PROV, below all the "Provenance of XXX"s that will be needed
> for various domains, but leave it out of PROV-DM.

To clarify: I'm not questioning whether or not collections are
important (they are) or whether or not we need standard ways of
handling them (we do).

I'm simply questioning whether PROV-DM is the right place to do that,
and whether the complexity they add to the fundamental data model is
worth the benefit of specifying them here.

Curt